Fashionably climbing the corporate ladder

August 24, 2010

Fool Me Twice...

DOUBLE time again! I found this shirt in the thrift store over the weekend. It caught my eye because of the sleeves. I loved them!


Now the pattern of the shirt is quite hideous... like a plaid-checkered table cloth or something... not cute. But the sleeves made me take it anyway... I thought it was a nice and sophisticated fit. Seems like I was the only one LOL... Quick update, me and the guy are working on things. I am happier than ever :) Needless to say he was not a fan of this shirt haha!


So I wore it anyway. Intentionally to prove the shirt can look awesome... what do you all think? This still didn't catch his eye so today I wore it to work with a red pencil skirt... keep reading to check out the look...




Woman on a mission LOL... to prove this shirt ROCKS DANGIT!


I figured since the top was more "flowy" the skirt or bottom half should be very structured. 


I felt like a young woman in the 1950s breaking down racial and gender barriers to land a position as partner at an all white law firm. I felt like I paid homage to a time when fashion was elegant... :)


And what did the guy have to say "Aww that shirt again, you can't blog it twice" LOL I guess because he is the photogh he is now Mr.PoisedNPolished lol smuah thanks honey :)


I blogged it anyway ;)

Thanks for stopping by!

Shirt: Thrifted
Skirt: Body Central
Shoes: Target
Bracelet & Earrings: Charlotte Russe

3 comments:

  1. The ivory shirt is beautiful. Its amazing what you can find at the vintage store!
    http://www.fashionablyblack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear yall working it out...love the second look...and the flower in your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Fashionably! I am glad someone loves it LOL!!!! Guess it's a keeper :) And yes Tiff I am glad too :) THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete

~PoisedNPolished Entourage~

Blogger Dolls... my faves!

About Me

My photo
Ohio
I love clothes... all kinds. My style is pretty classy with a touch of whatever I choose for the day! The motto "dress to impress" should be mentioned at my funeral... I live by it! After all you never know who's watching and what kind of impression you will leave on their life forever.